Re: [doc] fuel distributer

Hi Mat

Fuel distributors rarely go bad and whatever you do, don't take it to
pieces and try doing it yourself. They are very delicate, but extremely
simple inside and there's not a lot you can just clean.

I sounds like it's running very rich if you're getting black smoke, and
hesitation under accelleration can be an awful lot of things from the
advance bob-weights in the ignition distributor to the lambda system, to
the control pressure regulator - and I've once had a metering head where
the plunger was too tight and wouldn't move freely. It's tough to say
for sure.

I have a known good secondhand metering head on the shelf. A refurbished
one, through us is around £300.

Martin
DMC Ltd
www.delorean.co.uk