Re: [doc] wow my car now idles!!

throttle switch

  NickT

blackaddertoo <blackaddertoo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  hi

after having problems trying to get her to idle vin1621 now does but
with the idle control system removed and the brass screws the 7 and
2.5 turns etc.

now tried starting three times, worked every time and idled about
1300 revs..
hitting the accelerator, first time nearly died and then revved ok,
idle went to about 1500.

thanks Martin for the help. did all this this morning then got too
cold to carry on (no power at my lockup!)
but happy at least she is running again. nad hopefully i've narrowed
the problem down some more (diode, fuses (was a new one-will
recheck, wiring sensor)

now how should the car be ruuning like this, is it ok to drive (but
i take it more air is let in through the bypass screws.)?
should it drive OK. i did not have the time to back out the garage
to warm up. the car has not warmed up for about 13 years!! and i
want to be out in the open, fire extinguisher at the ready.
i need a couple of cheap long mirrors first to help me in and out
the garage as its a bit tight through the door, not enough room for
the mirrors to be fold out when driving in and about an inch
clearance for the door swing.

just wish the weather was a bit warmer!.

Regards all

Steve
vin 1621
doc 370