Re: [doc] Calipers

hi

calipers are straightforward. i've done all six of mine.

trickiest is the bolts to the rear calipers as access is limited.
you can just about get a socket throught the access hole for the top
bolts, and once loosened use a spanner.
use plenty of release oil first, and at the same time may be worth
getting the discs skimmed.
i replaced all mine. use copper grease on the rear of the new
pads/piston, (do not get near to friction surface).
the handbrake pads are a pig to adjust correct as what may seem
tight will not hold even on a mild slope. a bit of trial and error,
you are meant to tighten the adjust bolt untill the wheel will not
move, then back off half a turn.
you may find also if you remove the front discs, the bearings fall
apart. again i replace mine (fiat 128 i think) as they were only a
few quid.

Regards

Steve
vin 1621

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dave.duke" <dave.duke@xxxx> wrote:

> Phew,

> Thanks chris, worth taking into account. Does anyone know of a
website
> that shows the Delorean being worked on, pic by pic, if not I
would be
> happy to start one....
>
> Dave Duke
> www.thebigtheory.com
> If I see further than the common man it is from standing on the
> shoulders of giants.

Behalf