Re: [doc] Calipers

If you know how to change the calipers on a normal car, these should be very similar.

  Use quality tools, preferably single hex socket set not bi-hex,

  Chock car
  Slightly loosen wheel bolts
  Jack car up
  Put axle stand under anti roll bar mounting
  Lower car so standing on axle stand
  Remove wheel nuts
  Remove wheel
  Remove 2 caliper bolts (, the bolt heads face towards the inside of the car)
  Use brake clamp to clamp rubber brake pipe.

  Undo brake pipe from caliper and spin caliper to remove so not to twist the brake pipe.

  As Haynes manual says, refitting is a reversal of the removal.... noting:

  Use Dot4 brake fluid and re-bleed the caliper. (Probably best to
  renew the brake fluid in the car anyway to flush it out).
  Before driving, press the brake pedal a few times to push the pistons back out.
  Double check you have NO leaks before driving.

  Enjoy.

  NickT.

"dave.duke" <dave.duke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Does anyone know a good site with a description of how to change the
Delorean callipers? I am looking to have-a-go at replacing mine. An
idiots guide would be good, although that does worry me having to drive
it afterwards. Hope it?s more mechano than skill.

Dave

--

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk