Re: [doc] Shock Absorbers

I agree, especially about the TABS, but they are a bummer to do. Prepare to swear.

  My car was v low but all springs were chopped down.
  I got some chris parnham front springs on and borrowed Mikes old front springs to go on the rears.
  The rear was still too low and of course had a different rate of compression spring constant or commonly known as "poundage".
  I got some second hand original rear springs which sorted that.

  I would stick with the original rears but lowered front springs on as Lotus intended.
  I calculated that the tracking should be to 2.5mm toe in per wheel.

  Shock absorbers I would go for the originals.
  Americans (in general) like "comfy" cars for thier long straight roads where over here we like tight suspension for our twisty B roads.

  Suspension is all down to preference at the end of the day.

  Nick.

andrew986186 <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  the ol' putting the front springs on the rear trick is a debate
which has been filtering through the graping vine down south here
for a while.

Some yank came up with the idea, and its spread like wildfire

Personally I wouldnt do it _ but that being said I havent tried

so long as the spring sits in the cup and tower I cant see it being
a problem, but it wasnt meant to be there

And as far as handling concerns are for the rear end, I would be
more concerned that my TAB's were in good order - it makes such a
perculier feeling when they are shot - like underinflated tyres

Wait for Martin to come along in a few messages, im sure he'll put
his 2p in - !! :-)

Happy new year everyone
lots of love
stiff tannen

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Craig Churchill wrote:

> Hi
>
> I didnt know you were meant to put the old front springs on the
rear when using Chris P's lower springs!

> Has everyone done this? At the mo i have Chris's on the front
but the back are stock!

> many thanks
>
> Craig
>
> Vin 16723
> DOC 388
>
> John Chapelhow wrote:
> All.
>
> Those of you who view the US based newsgroup may have seen a long
> running thread about shocks/springs. Whilst I do not wish to start
> long 'how does yours handle...' debate, I would be interested in
what
> my options are for changing the front shocks.
>
> For the record, 'Boeing' currently sits on the original shocks all
> round, and the UK standard spring setup (ChrisP's front springs
with
> the original fronts on the rear).
>
> I do not tend to drive my car hard so I don't feel compelled to go
> for the performance options if there is a valid UK alternative.
>
> Was/is there a proper UK cross-ref that anyone has good experience
of?

> If I can't get a valid front-only update, do any of the UK members
> have experience of the UK spring setup with US shocks?
>
> John Chapelhow
> DOC 19 : 'Boeing' : #0737
>

> DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk
> ** Unless otherwise stated, all messages posted to the group are
assumed public and may be printed in the club magazine **

> Recreation Automotive Sports Delorean part
Delorean cadillac

Service.