Re: [doc] re idle problems

hi
thanx for the help all.
it does help loads to test the individual items off the car, so that
you can easily eliminate potential failed components.

the co adjustment idea would be after i've tested other things and i
would mark the position, turn half one way/other way.

it has been previously adjusted because the original seal has been
drilled out. (now capped). so someone has been tinkering somewhere.

i enjoy working on the car including problem solving, all part of
ownership of these.
my gut feeling now is the idle system, as the injectors spray, it
will run at 1800rpm with some coaxing.
my other one i will take off is the cold start valve.
also wondered if this was working fully or could be leaking more
fuel into the system.
ive fitted a new cpr, new cap, rotor arm, plugs, soaked plunger in
acetone, new o rings, checked injectors (all seemed fine with good
spray).

might have to put on hold for a week or two with cristmas and our 20
month old son jack to look after. take him to see santa in the
morning!!!.

Regards all

steve
vin 1621
doc 370

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Nick Tomlinson
<nickandkathryntomlinson@xxxx> wrote:

> Throttle stop switch, earth connection, fuse, diode, speed
reference or wiring probably.

>   NickT.
>
> Martin Gutkowski <martin@xxxx> wrote:
>   FYI Steve sent me both the ECU and the Idlespeed motor. both
checked out
> fine on another car, independently and together. When you've got
more
> than one car, testing can be a lot easier :-)
>
> Martin
>
> Nick Tomlinson wrote:
>
> >You can use this information if you like Steve but this is how I
test the idle speed motor:

> > The motor is NOT s stepper motor, it is standard motor with 2
windings opposing each other and it is NOT spring loaded.

> DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk
> ** Unless otherwise stated, all messages posted to the group are
assumed public and may be printed in the club magazine **