[doc] Windscreen De-misters Not working! Advice wanted!

[doc] Windscreen De-misters Not working! Advice wanted!

Hi Guys!

  Since i got the car early this year the windscreen demisters have not worked!  Now it has not been an issue until recently but now with the current weather it would be great to sort it out....so i will give you the symptoms and if you have any ideas that would be great!

  1.  My air con does not work the belt is not on the compressor...it is my understading that this does not effect the demisters they should still work...is this correct?

  2.  The heater control works from Hot to cold and the vents work above the stereo and on the doors.

  3.  My Fans work on all 4 speeds...should speed 4 blow your face in to a G force frenzy...if so my fan may be worn ....but it does blow ok

  4.  On Defrost on the circular switch i have 0 Nothing OughtZero air coming through the screen vents...no matter what speed or heat... i have tried it on every setting and i cannot get air to blow on to the screen on any setting!  plenty through the other vents

  I have taken the plunge and ordered a DMCH Din stereo bracket to replace the stereo.  Therefore i will soon be delving around the selector switch area, etc (Is it called the mode switch)

  Any advice appreciated

  Many Thanks

  Craig Churhill
  Doc 388