Re: [doc] Cleaning up the CPR

hi

this is very easy and trust me, you don't really need photos.

just remove from car, ie disconnect banjo fittings (have new copper
washers ready)
watch out for the fuel (to depressureize first remove rpm relay and
crank engine a few times).

have lots of rags and a fire extinguisher just in case.

to remove, undo the hex head bolts (halfords do the tools either
socket or on their own)

remove and you should see a small wire gauze across the inlet.
just blow with an air hose. then get a very soft brush, and brush
any particles from the mesh, blow again with the air hose untill the
gauze looks clean.
you will not be able to blow through the whole unit!

if you want, undo the bolts and split the two halves. BUT undo
carefully, hold together on a table and seperate the two very
slowly, as there is a plunger type mechanism connected to a diaphragm
and this is loose so so want to see how it fits back togther.

there may be some general crud in here to wipe off, but best not to
undo anything else (bimetalic strip etc).

put all back together, clean up and install on car. about 1 1/2
hours for the lot.

then i connected the fuel input, connected the output to a temporary
fuel line (banjo plus line from halfords) put the end in a jar then
jumped the rpm relay to run the pump and flsu some petrol through.

then connect up to the fuel distributer and start car.

if you have running problems you may not find thsi does really do
much, but does help to isolate and track down the problems.

Regards

Steve

***obviously always be carefull with fuel, and check banjo's etc
plenty of times after fitting to ensure no leaks (running pressure
more than twice the pressure of air in a tyre!!)**
always use new copper washers-halfords or frost.co.uk etc.

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Nick Tomlinson
<nickandkathryntomlinson@xxxx> wrote:

> Check fuel pressures first John before cleaning it out.
> It could also be something as simple as not having 12v on the grey
plug to the CPR, to the CPR Heating element being open circuit.

> If you are stuck you can borrow my fuel pressure gauge over
christmas.

> If you want to know how to strip it, I have a spare CPR you can
use to practise on.

> NickT.
>
> John Tien <johntien99@xxxx> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Having advises from many techanical DOC members, I
> think I should clean my CPR, as the symotoms sounds
> more or less towards this path...
>
> I read the cleaning method on the dmcnews.com and
> understand it OK...
>
> http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/controlpressreg.htm
>
> But it would be great if some websites can show how
> this can be done with a sequence of photos. Any idea
> which site does it?
>
> Cheers,
> John Tien
> DOC 8
> RHD 3046
>
> P.S. I am updating the website now, i was a bit ill :(
> Sorry for the delay!

> ** Unless otherwise stated, all messages posted to the group are
assumed public and may be printed in the club magazine **

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk