RE: [doc] Re: Lotus 06. 3rd and 4th of June 05

RE: [doc] Re: Lotus 06. 3rd and 4th of June 05

The Eurofest event will definately be one not to miss. It will include getting to see one of the gold dmc's, the first prototype, and pilot 25 all together. There is also the chance of getting around the test track (possibly for the last time?), and there is also a large amount of ex-employees getting assembled for this. Roberts plan was to have 1 ex-employee at each table for the dinner. We will also be having an autotest to see who has the fastest De Lorean! I'm hoping my lower ratio gearbox helps me on this one ;-)

Come on guys! 25th anniversary! I remember seeing John De Lorean in a documentary saying how they wanted to guarantee the cars for 25 years, well I think this should be a good time to show how they have lasted the years so well. I am 18, and I will be plowing a hell of a lot of overtime money into my car within the next few months getting it spruced up for Eurofest, luckily I dont have any ferry costs to pay for, but I honestly think they would be worth every single penny.

I would be willing to help anyone who wants information on hotels etc.
Hope to meet a lot of you there!

Thomas Mc Auley
Vin #4087 (needing new interior, all donations gladly accepted :-p )
Belfast

Chris Parnham <chrisparnham1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don?t think Eurofest costs have been publicised yet.

I understand from a N.I. member that they will be similar to the
previous occasions. (I suspect members attending in their DeLorean cars
will get a good discount)  You need to talk to Robert Lamrock for exact
details.

Can any one else remember what the total costs were last time?  I seem
to remember it?s the cost of travel and Hotel that were the major items.
My guess is about 1K all in, (then again I took 2 cars last time)  but
I?m happy to be corrected.

I estimate the UK event (minus accommodation) to be less than £100
including the gala dinner, but this is entirely dependant on what Lotus
package I end up with.

Most of the guest speakers are not charging, but I feel obliged to pay
some of their expenses. I am only interested in covering the costs.

Best regards
Chris Parnham
DOC 2
RHD  vin 12173  "Gully"