[doc] Re: New Beetle

Paul,

I had a 2Ltr petrol Beetle as a company car for about a year and my
job requires me to constantly review Volkswagens vehicles as they are
our main supplier, so here's my opinion.

GOOD POINTS:
very nice to drive and held the road superbly
Lots of adjustment on the seats/steering to get a good driving position
Supprisingly little body roll when you consider its high stance
Loads of headroom in the front
The boot was a reasonable size when you consider the cars shape
Solid as a rock, no rattles or squeeks after the 20,000miles I put on
it over the year. (typical VW quality)

NOT SO GOOD:
Only 2 seats in the back (2+2)
Limited head room in the back
Didn't seem too good on fuel 30-35mpg (but it was a 2Ltr petrol)

They haven't sold terribly well, perhaps they had lost touch with what
people loved about the original? so I assume this will effect residual
values.

All VW's come with a 3 year/60,000mile warranty so you should be able
to get one with some warranty remaining if you have enough money.

Hope this is of some use.

James RG

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk