RE: [doc] NEC weekend + OT Cav bonnet required

RE: [doc] NEC weekend + OT Cav bonnet required

Claire,

I've just had a quick look at Doncaster Motor Spares Ltd (because there aren't any large scrappys in Grimsby) and they've got a silver 1991 Cav.

You can see it at: www.doncastermotorspares.co.uk/  if you click on the Used Parts Breakers section and follow it from there.  They seem to have loads of bonnets that would fit your car but not many are in the silver.

Mile out of your way I know, but I couldn't help checking.

Regards,

Mike Sumner - 178

Claire Usher <claire.usher@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Phil,

Are we gonna have a meal at the rather convenient pub at the bottom of your
driveway again this year?  :-)

For anyone who's not been before, the food is really good and it's very
reasonably priced.

Also, a bit OT, but next time any of you are visiting your local scrap
yard's can you keep your eyes open for a bonnet for an early MK3 Cavalier
(88F to 92K), preferably in the light silver (which typically is about the
rarest colour for an early Mk3...). Unfortunately my car was the victim of a
'hit and run' last week (looks like a lorry backed into the car) and the
driver buggered off without leaving any details :o(   We've got the headlamp
and front grille sorted, but we still need a bonnet.  The early bonnets had
the Vauxhall badge on the bonnet; the later ones had the badge in the front
grille.  I can email anyone a picture of the car so they can see what the
colour is and what I actually need if required.

Cheers,

Claire
#2292 'Flopsy' VUR594W
1989G Cavalier 1.6L (with a squished bonnet)
1983Y Astra 1.3L (retired in 1999)
DOC171