Re: [doc] FUEL LEAK DISCOVERED - HELP!

Hi Everyone

I have been working on my car with my dad all weekend...thanks for everyones advice...

We seem to have solved the fuel leak...the rubber boot and cap were in good condition so we added all new jubille clips and tightened them firm.  I then filled it up parked on the same steep hill as the car was on when i took the photo and NO LEAK!! YIPPEE.  Since then i have done 200+ miles with the access panel off, i keep regularly pulling over and checking and so far it is 100% dry....a result or what...!

However...there is still a smell of petrol which i believe i have traced to the filler cap...it reeks around the rim of petrol even when locked..( and NO i defo have not overfilled this time - 3/4 of a tank max) there is also some left and right movement on the cap...i am going to get a new cap and metal neck (As my neck has a dent in it) and see if that sorts it.  My sender unit is bone dry and seems to work fine so i do not think that is the cause.

We also lowered the car using Chris Parnhams springs...  if you have not yet done this i highly recommend it, the car looks so dramatic at the lower height and visibility on the motorway is vastly improved.

Whilst we were there we put on new front Discs and Reconditioned Calipers from PJ Grady (Europe)...they look great, and seem to have solved my cars manic braking.

The best bit about working on the car was that it all went according to plan, no nasty surprises...and the work was completed quicker than expected...!!! - Since i bought the car it has been one thing after another but i can see light at the end of the tunnel!!!!!

See you all at the NEC, i am going on sunday!

Take Care

Craig Churchill
Vin 16723
DOC 388