Re: [doc] re valley of death??

I used engine block black paint to protect the aluminium underneath to prevent corrosion.

On my car I had to change the thermistor because it was an incorrect part.
I also replaced the rubber vacuum hose on the thermo switch.

I did all this when I had to replace the water pump.

Don't forget to do the distributor cap and rotor arm while you are in there. It can be replaced without removing the inlet manifold but it is easier with it all off.

If you can see carbon on the back of the inlet valves, use carb cleaner and a wooden lolipop stick to scrape it off. Mine are now spotless, but don't get high on the fumes !

Enjoy

NickT.

blackaddertoo <blackaddertoo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hi

thank you. i was looking to replace the water pipe, and all sensors
in there. y pipe looks ok but will clean up.
also bleed the clutch again.

steve

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Nick Tomlinson
wrote:

> Replace the inlet manifold o rings. Not expensive.
>
> The CO adjust hold should be plugged.
> This should be plugged when taking a CO reading and should only be
only when you alter the mixture this way.

> Obviously, check everything else first like fuel pressures,
ignition timing etc BEFORE attempting to adjust this.

> NickT.
>
> blackaddertoo wrote:
> Hi all
>

> firstly martin-i'll sort the fuel pressure kit when i put things
back
> together.
>
> i've taken the plung and now in the valley of death!!
>
> so far half a sainsburys bag of leaves and pine needles- yes
really
> these are everywhere.
>
> surprisingly no leak in there but looks somewhere under the pump.
>
> no any tips on cleaning in there and everywhere generally-every
thing
> is dirty/grubby.
>
> would you use meths? panel wipe? petrol? paint brush cleaner?
acetone?
> parafin? paint thinners? medical alchohol? (could think of any
others?)

> to clean in the valley, the air intake, the air pipes, thermostat
> housing.
> i really want it looking reasonable.
>
> is it worth soaking any nuts/bolts in the halfords rust remover
then
> paint with a zinc type spray?
>
> by the way, would you get a vacuum leak from the co adjust hole if
the
> plug is missing?
> the air intake o rings are completely flat-is this normal?
> thanks for any help
>

> regards
>
> Steve
>
> regards
>
> Steve
>

> DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk
> ** Unless otherwise stated, all messages posted to the group are
assumed public and may be printed in the club magazine **