RE: [doc] Re: Auto Gearbox oil

Mine seemed to take loads - but the sump was off for a long while and it
seems to continue dripping forever, so I reckon the longer it's been off,
the more you need to fill up.  I filled mine to the level, started up, and
it all disapeared into the upper reaches of the gearbox, and the indicated
level dropped again, so I had to top it up again another twice.  It all
sorted itself out in the end, although re-sealing the sump was tricky - I
had to hermatite it in the end, and especially the seal at the end of the
filler neck which is quite awkward.

Got there in the end though, although if the level drops, you need to top it
back up again or the car is slow off the line - something to do with the
hydraulic pump having to build pressure up or something.

It did use almost 5L in the end, but there was quite a bit of loss
inbetween.

Good luck,

Rich Hanlon
393/6126/Auto