Re: [doc] Dreammaker: The Rise and Fall of John Z Delorean

Re: [doc] Dreammaker: The Rise and Fall of John Z Delorean

I too am reading this book - I own a first edition copy! - however Im only half way through (Ive just got to the pictures in the middle!)

Dave S
DOC#479

Colm <colm.nugent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Without wishing to turn this Talbot-appreciation website into into
Book Club, I've just finished the book mentioned in the header above.
Given that it was written in the mid-Eighties I'm only 20 years late.
It is a VERY detailed account of JZD and the Delorean project from his
beginnings to the demise of the DMC.
Now, I thought I knew a lot about the DMC project, but I realise all I
knew was about the car, not much about the project itself.
Having read the book it's clear (with the perfect wisdom of hindsight)
exactly why the project failed, and it isn't for the reasons I had
thought.  It has to be said that JZD does not emerge too well from the
story, but I half-expected that.
Anyway, I'd highly recommend it to anyone interested on why their car
is as it is.
And now, Thought for the Day....

Colm
PS: how did Explodaview do at Coys?