is the tell-tale screwdriver damage in the drivers door lock.

Regards,

Claire
#2292 July 1981 'Flopsy'
DOC171

From: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
James
Sent: 17 September 2005 21:25
To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [doc] What Vin did the double key system stop?

According to the factory service bulletin:

http://www.dmcnews.com/bulletins/PI-02-12.81.html

The locks changed at VIN 4188, and judging from the VIN Chronology:

http://www.dmcnews.com/faq/img/news/n_vinlst.pdf

that would have been in late September 1981. I would imagine that at
some point in it's past, Claire's car has had it locks changed. One
way to know for sure would be to check under the headliners for the
keycode. Early style (two-key cars) lock key codes are WR3XXX or
WR5XXX numbers, later style (one key cars) key code are K7XXX.

James Espey
DMC (Texas)
http://www.delorean.com

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk

Delorean part
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Delorean+part&w1=Delorean+part&w2=Delor
ean&w3=John+delorean&c=3&s=52&.sig=0tqXjdD08HjH7FQ3zwU7fw>        Delorean
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Delorean&w1=Delorean+part&w2=Delorean&w
3=John+delorean&c=3&s=52&.sig=4FPnkjqySvIGXxEl4906rw>        John delorean
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=John+delorean&w1=Delorean+part&w2=Delor
ean&w3=John+delorean&c=3&s=52&.sig=FeP5S4DgpiAxbaXrBS0h0Q>

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

on the web.

*      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk