[doc] Re: Power window trouble

Thomas,

When they re-upholster the trim they should put new foam backing in
and new fir tree clips, so they should look ok when done.

The foam backing will cover any small blemishes, if not I am sure
the upholsterer will give you some advice.

My plan was to have mine completed for Eurofest

James

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Thomas Mc Auley <dmc4087@xxxx> wrote:
> Great James thanks for the advice! I'll look into it now. The
whole window system seems like a real bugger to play about with, I
might leave it to Mr. O'Malley over here to play with.
> Have to wait until payday though, as I got the wheels refurbished
so the De Lorean has had its share of money for the month.

> My upper door trim panels are both crap. Did you get your panels
re-done, or were they ok? Just wondering if it can be done, as I
have a full interior retrim planned before Eurofest.

> Thanks
> Thomas Mc Auley
> Vin #4087
> Belfast
> jamesrguk <James_rg@xxxx> wrote:
>
> Thomas,
>
> Those OEM window regulators are notorious for breaking on the
> plastic elbow near the motor; they are very brittle, especially
> after 24 odd years of service.
> Mine have been bodged together several times with fibreglass and
> metal brackets, but I am gonna bite the bullet and get some new
> ones.
>
> The new replacement window motors/regulators have a metal elbow
and
> so won't break like the OEM ones, but they are apparently a little
> trickier to fit.
>
> The best price I have found for these is from Ed Uding in Holland,
> he is surprisingly well priced, even after postage and packaging
are
> included.
>
> It's best to change as much as you can in the doors whilst you
have
> the door trim off. Those trim pieces can start to look a bit
shabby
> if you end up removing & refitting them too many times.
>

> James RG
>

> --- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Thomas Mc Auley <dmc4087@xxxx>
wrote:
> > Ok, heres the sypnosis.
> > I press the power window button, and I hear the motor whirring
> away, but no action. The window is in up position, and I could not
> see if it was off its tracks (couldnt even see the tracks, and
both
> trim panels were off).
> > After taking the motor out I instantly regretted it as it looks
> very difficult to get it back in again lol.
> > The window is firmly in the up position, although it dropped a
> little when the motor came out. I just pushed it back up to stop
> water getting in etc.
> >
> > Thanks for any suggestions
> > Thomas Mc Auley
> > Vin #4087 - Now with locking doors!
> > Belfast

> DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk
> ** Unless otherwise stated, all messages posted to the group are
assumed public and may be printed in the club magazine **

Service.