[doc] Anti roll bar unbolted itself under braking - very scary!

[doc] Anti roll bar unbolted itself under braking - very scary!

Hi All

It happened a couple of weeks ago and i have been trying to sort it out since.  Let me tell you the whole story...

Braking from 40ish mph to stop at a junction....Bang....THUD....STOIP!  Got out of the car and the wheel was hanging at a funny angle and the anti roll batr was under the right lower suspension arm....gutted...walked up the road and found the nyloc nut totally shagged in the middle of the road.

Got home on the back of an AA truck...next day inspoected the car with my dad..(Hes a mechanic dont you know)...the drivers side was connected with 2 nuts the other by the cruddy nyloc that came threaded.

So i ordered everything other than the anti roll bar from DMCH (New nuts , washers bushes everything).  This time it had nylocs both sides...Fitted it all and all seems OK...well as OK as my car has ever been!

Last night i sat down and read the service bulletins for the first time and  was a mazed to see that what hads happened to me was a recall on 81 cars...exactly what was written down to the pulsing b4 it came off.

The front of my car was rebuilt at some point and i think (Even though it is an late 82 they used parts from an 81 donor). Anyway...the up shot is do i stick with the new nyklocs or put on 2 nuts like in the bulletins...?  What do you have on your stabilizer bar 2 nuts or 1 nyloc.

Also are the castelation nuts the same for upper and lower ball joints?

I was lucky as it happened near the end of my braking and i only travelled about 2 metres b4 i totally stopped...if it was on the motorway i would be in BIG TROUBLE!

Check yours just in case...please!

Oh and another thing my tie rod ends touch the stab bar on full lock both ways...it is a brand new rack...could it be put on wrong or is the allignement of my front end wrong....oh deary deary me!

The delorean is still my favourite car in the world...weve just had a little tiff...you know what its like...i cant quite trust her at the mo...very scared to brake even averagely hard

anyway look forward to hearing your response

Craig DOC 388

VIN 16723

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk