[doc] Donington Weekend

Hi All,

Just like to report that Flopsy and I got home at 10pm tonight having left
Shipley in Derbyshire at 8pm.  We covered just over 300 miles over the last
3 days and apart from a suspect oxygen sensor, Flopsy drove absolutely fine.

All I can say is what a fantastic weekend it was.  Steve at the Renault
Alpine OC and Renault Histoire put on a fantastic event and getting to do 9
laps of the Donington Circuit over the 2 days was brilliant.  There were so
many highlights in addition to doing laps of Donington circuit, including
seeing former F1 driver Rene Arnoux, David 'Kid' Jensen and meeting Philippe
Talou-Derible, the MD of Renault UK who also introduced us to the head of
the Renaultsport division.  Phill and I had a lengthy chat with Mr
Talou-Derible this morning, especially as he wanted to see Sorbet, as it had
won the prize at the Gala evening for the best Renault engined vehicle.
Also, I still ache from laughing so much all weekend, mainly due to the
antics of Rich H, Phill W and Dan Shane.  ;o)

The weather was unfortunately awful yesterday, but today it stayed dry all
day.  However the gazebo and a steady flow of tea, coffee, hot dogs and
pancakes helped keep spirits up.

Unheard before comments included a load of chavs saying "wow look, it's made
of chrome!"

Personal thanks also go to Phill and Linda Wright for letting me stay at
their house (and letting Flopsy share the garage with Sorbet) Friday and
Saturday night too.

Cheers,

Claire
#2292 'Flopsy'