RE: [doc] OT Email Problems

I know what you mean Mike.

I've used Ghost many times backup up site systems and servers etc. Pretty good but fiddly with the boot floppies etc, even Ghost v9

I found that Acronis True image is easy to use

www.acronis.com
£35

You can install this on the PC as an application and perform disk images while still running windows (but not with RAID hard disks unless this is embedded on hardware like Dell servers). You can create the image files to another drive/ partition/ cd dvd/ network.

To restore all you need to do is stick the rescue cd in and boot to that. This will then load the dos version of the application but includes standard drivers to connect to the PC including networks/ usb drives etc. For example, I use a laptop at work. This hard drive failed. I stuck the spare one in, stuck the rescue disk in, connected to our server where the image files are stored, then recovered the hard disk in 15 mins with everything as it was the previous week.
I run the incremental copy to the image as this just performs changed files. I'm running it now storing it to the server as I type this !

We all have our favourites, this is mine.

NickT.

Mike Machin <mike.machin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hard disks are hard disks - doesn't matter what you plug them into, they
still go wrong. Norton Ghost makes life very easy when recovering your
system though (and it's only about £30). :-)

Cheers!

Mike (IT bloke)
DOC 454
VINLESS