[doc] Re: Need HELP!!!! PLEASE...

hi Stuart

First i would check your rad fans do come on 1. Turn on the mode
switch to AC function do your fans come on straight away they should
on a standard set up D    2. Jumper the two wires to the rad fan
switch in the LH engine bay coolant pipe again the fans should come
on staight away...

Have you felt the steel pipes that go to the radiator whilst the
engine is warming up ? after the pump thermostat has opened then
this allows hot coolant to the rad, if these pipes are still cold
when the guage is at normal running temperature then this thermostat
is stuck shut and not allowing coolant flow to the rad or back
again .

Or you could still have a air lock... do you have a pump thermostat
housing air bleeder, to the return pipe hose fitted?  ( i would get
one DMUK have them for a reasonable price. )

Is the radiator blead of all air??...from cold *carefully* remove
the little top hose from the rad till coolant flows out ( the rad
nipple is plastic )... from cold i tend run the engine and whilst it
is running i remove this a couple of times to release any trapped
air in there... i also leave off the header bottle cap for a little
while to disperse any air (only whilst the engine is still cold to
warming up thou.:) )

My advise on filling is to make sure the car is on a horizontal
level or even back end higher and *slowly* fill it using a funnel
and jug not a hose pipe or by "glugging" it in  when you feel there
is enough in the system to fill the radiator then bleed this
first... then go on to fill the rest of it back to the bottle max
fill line... make sure your hot/cold switch is set to #hot# so the
internal heater matrix gets purged and filled... dont see that
written down and it is easily overlooked...! I see yours doesnt blow
hot ... could be trapped air in here

Hope this helps... just keep an eye on your guage ...dont overheat
whilst you are diagnosing your problem ! :)

If you want to chat about this please call me 07779 081368, yes its
damm frustrating but can only be one of a few things..

Also sorry but i have to say that im assuming you have a
new 'proper' DMC pump ???

Regards

Mike B

#2001 VRH 732W /403

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Stuart Dyke VIN#6463" <stuart@xxxx>
wrote:
> Hi all
>
> After fitting new water pump and thermostat am having real
problems
> with overheating. The fans wont come on so the coolant is just
boiling
> and being pushed out of the overflow on the tank by the pressure.
> think all the air has been purged from the system cos the radiator
is
> getting hot as it should, aswell as all the pipes. However the
heater
> blowers inside the car are NOT giving out any heat(constant cold).
Can

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk