[doc] Alternators

Hi Guys

Sorry to do this again, but we had a nice surprise the other day. I
ordered a new alternator for my car and it turned up at a considerably
lower price than we paid last time. We're now getting a much more
healthy discount from this particular supplier and can now pass this on.
We've never really pushed the alternators much because they were
expensive compared to US sourced ones, but now that's all changed, and I
think anyone who sees the quality of these units will be thoroughly
impressed for the money

Unlike units from the US, our units are designed for the PRV and come
off a car that had the alternator in the same place. The real beauty
comes to people who still limp along with a Ducellier alternator. Why?
Because the new alt comes with the exact same 2-pin plug on the back, so
it's a direct swap. It's still simple if you're replacing a single wire
alternator though. It requires the tensioner used by the Motorola
alternator, so if you -are- replacing a Ducellier, let us know, we'll
supply it FOC with the alternator.

Our unit is a brand new 110A alternator made by Paris-Rhone, the makers
of our starter motors. It's a direct replacement, although is
fractionally bigger to handle the extra current. With one of these
installed, the voltage gauge barely moves.

http://www.delorean.co.uk/DMUK/newparts1.html#alternator

Best Wishes

Martin

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk