  From: claire_usher71 [mailto:claire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
  Sent: 04 February 2005 21:53
  To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: Re: [doc] OT - Buying cars in general

  Colm/John.....I bet they didnt mention about the potentially dangerous
  fault on 206's at the moment?  That they cut out without any warning!
  Great fun when going down the motorway - not!  And it is customer's
  with 206's telling me this while they are trying to offload them on us
  as px's!
  As someone who always fancied a 206, and then got a job at Peugeot, I
  was really disappointed when I got to use one regularly. It just felt
  really flimsy and the build quality was appalling, with the interiors
  and switchgear falling apart on demo cars with less then 1000 miles
  covered.  Dont think I'm trying to flog Clio's here, the VW Polo for
  one is a cracking car, but can be skimpy on spec and expensive.  The
  Fiesta has always been a great drive, but its a Ford, and Vauxhall
  Corsa's and Citroen Saxo's all seem to be driven by spotty 14yr olds
  wearing baseball caps who think that they are cool going around with
  their front fog lights on and stereos distorting.
  Another good 'starter car' is the Seat Arosa. I have just sold a
  2003'52' plate Arosa 1.0 with 12000 miles for £3999.  Great little
  car, lots of equipment and cheap to run.  We were inundated with calls
  on it, which must say something for how sought after they are, and its
  virtually identical to a VW Lupo but without the VW price tag.
  Thing is John, if you are just doing mainly local journeys and less
  then 15,000 miles per year then a small petrol engined runabout will
  do you just fine.  I guess it all comes down to what you want in the
  way of safety, comfort and goodies and what you want to spend. I'll be
  happy to have a look in our Glasses Guide at work and give you advice
  on pricing, insurance and what to look out for.  You've got my email
  address, feel free to mail me off list.  If you let me know what you
  want to spend I'll check out our group stock too :o)

  Claire
  DOC171 #2292
  10yrs Motor Trade so cant get a proper job.  :o(

  DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk