[doc] Re: Permabag

Alistair.

I have the indoor Permabag.

I assume that it is like all the other similar products:
* the car goes into a big bag, sealed with a zip. It takes some
getting used to, zipping it up slowly so that it doesn't catch. Could
be a massive waste of >£300 if the zip breaks.
* you really need some sort of soft cover over the car, together with
the product. The inside of the Permabag looks OK, but dragging it and
the zip into position could result in scratches if your not careful.
* the instructions suggest leaving the windows open. Presumably to
allow the inside of the car to get dried out. For security mine are
kept closed with a smaller moisture absorbing cylinder in the
passenger compartment (and in my case another in the luggage
compartment).

It seems to do what it says. The Permabag comes with a digital
hydrometer, but the leaflet suggests that in cold weather it is not
as effective.

It doesn't take up much more room than my car, which was critical for
me, but it does require a bit of thought putting the car away. The
car should be dry!

The Permabag itself will need storing somehow if I want to free up
the garage floor to work on my car [ha ha yeah right :-) ].

It seems to have helped diminish the damp car smell. As I stated in
an earlier post, B&Q sell a 'Unibond' moisture trap. Owners may want
to purchase something similar to see just how much moisture may
surround their pride and joy.

Damp seems to be an invisible way to 'age' the electrics, interiors
and mechanicals.

John Chapelhow
DOC 19 : 'Boeing' #0737

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Alistair McCann" <pilot25dmc@xxxx>
wrote:
Now thats out of the way, I just wanted to know if anyone ownes the
Permabag car system??
I bought one today and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on
the product???

Alistair

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk