Re: [doc] Lower & Upper speedo cables

> Any call for such an item?

James,

Be aware that there are two versions of the lower speedo cable on the
DeLorean. Which version have you found a source for? The earlier one is
longer and is tied to the frame midlength. This was changed on later cars
to a shorter cable that goes directly to the firewall.

Unless you are up for a concours contest, any vendor will sell you the newer
shorter version. This was changed because the longer one was putting more
strain on the angle drive gears which of course we all know are made of
Jell-O.

Also when converting to the newer shorter cable, the vendors sell a support
bracket that goes with it. It replaces the earlier stand-off that attaches
to the brake caliper.

Walt Tampa, Florida US