DVLA history on your cars

Hi all, Some interesting info about your DMC history!

I have just got back a full history of MXI 4811 (vin569) from the DVLA, it goes back to 7/6/1988 when the car was first used on the road. never imported..... must have been on trade plates when at the DMC factory (DOA history says vin 569 was a company car!)

MXI has been to: date=acquired vehicle

Built march 1981 (company car for DMC)
Manchester 1983 (in showroom at Queens Motors) not registered on the road!!
Kiddermister 1988 (first registration) got its V5 at last!!
Birmingham 1988
Chichester 1989
Nottingham 1990
Doncaster 1994 (this is how far back I knew about)
Alton Hampshire1999 (Gerry Nestor)
Leicester 2001 (James Hartshorn)
and now Nr Ipswich 2002 (Me)

It`s been about to say the least!!.

The DVLA send you photocopies of the log book when the owner was changed, I was lucky as the mileage was included on the V5 back in 1994, and the car had done 6514 miles!!!!. mileage now 11728 miles !! :o)) not bad!

If you would like details of the earlier keepers of your car...(let them know that you want "history of earlier keepers"!!)

write to:

Fee Paying Enquiries
VCS
DVLA
Swansea
SA99 1AJ

and let them know your vin number and reg number...and that its a De Lorean :oP

enclosing a cheque or postal order for 5 pounds made payable to the DVLA swansea-please don`t send cash!!. (worth doing, I think!)

Please note: Members who have imported there cars...the DVLA will have nothing about history in the US...or untill the car was given a V5 ---- as in MXI`s case, they have no history before 7/6/1988...lucky that Dave Howarth knows the rest before then! :o)

All the best

Alan and MXI(no more miles to go on the clock this year, 2 is plenty)4811