Re: [doc] Headlights

How exactly would you "turn them around backwards?" These lights are not sourced in europe and have no beam pattern at all, and are merely spotlights, so only suitable for high-beams over here, although having said that, the bulbs they use a have a shroud over the dip beam filament meaning the spread is kept earthwards. You would not pass an MOT with them, and it would piss off other road users.

Replacement LED bulbs are available however they tend to be too directional in taillight lenses not designed for them. I don't think the front indicators would be avaialble as they're twin filament bulbs, and the only twin filament replacements are in red because they're primarily used in brakelights over here. Marker lights should not be a problem.

Martin

Stephen Strelczak wrote:

Can't you just turn the lights round backwards? I'm not too worried about other road users, but I would like to have 4 halo lights across the front. I like the idea of LED marker lights too, specially if they are brighter, and draw less power. Worth £36 I think. Could the brake lights be likewise replaced, giving a quicker response time when braking? Whilst at it, why not the indicator lights? LED heaven.

Stephen.

Stephen Strelczak

External Account Manager