Re: [doc] Fire Damaged Delorean

"claire_usher71" <claire@xxxx> wrote:
> For my 2pth, I think it is a sad fact that often 'borderline'
> restoration cars like this are parted out because the are worth more
> in parts then as a complete car, especially with this one appearing
> to have good body panels.

It's a sad fact indeed but not uncommon in pretty much every marque I
know of. Take our common or garden Vauxhalls; my particular car is now
quite rare (especially in the colour/trim combination) and so instead
of selling a health car on a lot of people are parting them as more
money is to be made. Very sad indeed.

> Flopsy had a lucky escape from such a fate. Due to the extensive
> panel and interior damage I'm sure she would have been scrapped if
> she remained in the USA.

Maybe you should open an orphanage for neglected and unwanted
DeLoreans? I think there'd be quite a demand in the UK for project
cars if they were available locally.

I think even I will be sooner or later!

Dan
Vin#5284 - Hana