FW: [DML] Re: High Hood

-----Original Message-----
From: jtrealtywebspannet [mailto:jtrealty@xxxx]
Sent: 13 December 2001 05:39
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Re: High Hood

You may have to remove the locking mechanism and elongate the holes to
get more adjustment. Screw the two rubber stop screws all the way in
and set the rear height of the hood with the lock. After setting the
rear height then run the two screws up so that they just touch the
hood. They aren't so much there for adjusting the height of the hood
as they are there for catching in the restraining brackets in the
event of a crash to keep the hood from flying open or going through
the windscreen. Check that the restraining brackets on the hood line
up so they will go into the screws. As long as you are working on the
hood latch it is a good idea to add a backup safety cable so that if
the latch release cable ever breaks you can still get the hood open.
The fenders should be lined up with the doors first and then the hood,
(bonnet), to the fenders. Make sure the latch bar on the hood lines up
and goes into the latch nicely without rubbing and wearing on the lock
mechanism. You know you have it lined up when you can get the hood to
lock just by dropping it from being open just a few inches and when
you pull the hood release the hood pops open. You shouldn't have to
use two hands to open the hood (one to pull the release and the other
to lift the hood). If it doesn't pop up either the latch bar isn't
lined up right or you need to tighten the smaller spring inside the
lock.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

moderator@xxxx