RE: [doc] Digest Number 273 AirCon

I just had my aircon regassed. The man is based in Thornton Heath, near
Croydon, but he came to me in Wimbledon. He said there was no need for the
system to be changed and that an equivalent replacement gas can be used. He
used Isceon 49 and everything works fine. I gave him £100 cash and he seemed
happy enough. His advice was that the aircon system must be used at least
once a week, so that the seals are oiled and don't dry out. In the winter he
advised using the defrost/demist setting to provide the same effect. The
aircon isn't as cool as the cars I've hired in the US, but it gets the car
cool in 10 minutes or so and does the job. I don't suppose the guy will mind
if I place a free ad for him - Steve 07976 320826. He's busy, might not
arrange a time with you and just arrived on my doorstep when he was in the
area, but he was also the only person I spoke to who was honest enough not
to insist on replacing half my aircon system.
As for the number plates. My rear plate is an authentic US plate that I
ordered from a company who had a stand at a car show. The plates are
apparently only made in US Prisons and are sent over here. I chose a
standard California style plate as that is where I bought the car. Over the
past few years I have had police cars behind me and not been stopped (touch
wood). I also drove home once with OUTATIME accidentally left on after a
show.
If anyone wants to see me looking stupid on TV, then watch Gloria Huniford's
Open House 14.20 Ch. 5 weekdays this week. You should see me at the 'At The
Movies' auction in Planet Hollywood, London winning the bidding for the
Liberator Spaceship from Blake's Seven. I also bought 'Thing' from the
Addams Family and a 5 foot long model spaceship from Terrahawks. That is
unless they decide to cut the entire interview with me for talking garbage
on camera - there was free beer for bidders!