A/C accumulator question

Hi All,

My A/Conditioning went wrong this week ..

I took the car to the repair shop and they tell me that when
the A/C is serviced you should replace the accumulator.

Has anyone done this ? and if so is there an equivalent part ??
(Or did you get it from the usual suppliers ??)

I ask this as they are going to put the system back together
without replacing this as they were unable to remove the long
hose which runs from the back of the car to the front from the
accumulator without breaking the connection.

So it looks like I need to get them the parts and get them to fit
both the hose/accumulator at a later date.

John G.