Engine dyes when accelerating

Hi All,

I asked this question a while ago on the DML but got no responses,
basically when I have been driving the car for about 15-20mins and it
is nicely warmed up if I plant my foot to the floor the engine seems
to die. As I let my foot back up again it suddenly catches on again
and starts (slowly) accelerating.
If when the car has just been started I put my foot to the floor the
car starts accelerating, as you would expect.

Any ideas?, please answer in the simplest terms possible as I am a
bit fik when it comes to mechanical stuff.

Cheers All,

James RG
Colchester

Super Car Sunday sounds good; unfortunately I think I will have used
nearly all my mileage allowance by the time I have got there and back
from Colchester?