Fw: News

----- Original Message -----
From: Ron Clark
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2001 2:38 PM
Subject: News

News >From Show Associates

Heartbeat Run - Sunday 8th July

Having made several last minute checks for any new outbreaks of Foot and Mouth, we are pleased to advise that this run will go ahead as advertised. Commencing at Castle Howard near York, the route takes us over the North York Moors to Goathland, stopping for a drink in the "Aidensfield Arms", before travelling onto Whitby, Scarborough for the promenade cruise, and Filey Brigg for the end of route barbeque. The cost is £20 per vehicle, which includes souvenir T-shirt, plus plaque and rosette. We are still taking entries for the run, and this can be done by both posting a cheque, or by credit card on 01827 69666. Booking forms are also available on our website. Signing on will be from 9:30am Sunday 8th July, with the run commencing at approximately 10:30.

Blackpool Run, Show & Cruise - 22nd/23rd September

Details of this new unique event are available on our website. You can either choose to enter our show as per normal, or visit it via the Golden Mile Run starting from Jodrell Bank, Cheshire, on Saturday 22nd September and arriving at Blackpool via an interesting route which takes you past the Cat & Fiddle, which is the highest pub in England, situated within the Peak District. Daily entrance to the show is £6 per person, whilst the Golden Mile Run will cost £25 per vehicle which effectively means that 4 people will be able to enter the show for the cost of just £1 between them - that's a bargain in anybody's language, especially as entrants to the run will receive the usual souvenir T-shirt, plaque ad rosette. Early trade bookings indicate that most of the main names will be attending.

Saturday evening will be topped off by the Cruise underthe illuminations on the promenade. It's really adding up to be a super weekend, and again booking forms are available on the website.

Open Entry For All Vehicles

As we have previously indicated, all our events are nowopen to owners of Classic, Sports and Kit cars, and we look forward to support from owners of all vehicles.

Cider Apple Run - 3rd June 2001

A photograph review of this event is now available on our website.

Other Events

Please note that the London to Brighton Kit Car Run scheduled for 30th September is no longer being pursued with due to the dysfunctional response to our interest from Brighton and Hove Council. Instead, all our efforts will be concentrated on the Blackpool event.

Christmas Shows

We can confirm that the Mini Christmas Show will take place at the Bath & West Showground on Sunday 9th December. This means that there will be no show at Doncaster on the same date as previously advertised. Details of other Christmas shows will follow shortly.

Free New Service

As from July 1st, we will be offering a Cars For Sale service to all our website visitors. All you need to do is to e-mail us details of the vehicle and contact details, and we'll do the rest. Again, this is open to owners of all vehicles.
--
Show Associates
http://www.show-associates.swinternet.co.uk for up to date information on our events