RE: [doc] fuel tank rebuild help!!

The original fuel senders were made from washing up liquid bottles and
sticky-back plastic, the rattle may be 'normal' but it's unlikely to be
functional if the rest of your fuel gear was in such a state...

What condition was your tank in? If you had sludgy tar in the bottom, I
wouldn't at all recommend running anything around your pipes until you
have disconnected the fuel metering head. Pumping that gunge into it
could have 400quid consequences!! And no DON?T take it to bits!!

You should disconnect the fuel line from your metering head, and run
some fuel through into a container. Then change the fuel filter. Then
reconnect the fuel line and run fuel through with the return line at the
tank end into a container - if that makes sense.

As far as I'm aware the fuel pickup filter was fitted to all models, it
was the baffle base that didn't appear until later on.

I gave up on the fuel line bolts in the end. I just cut off the pipe
from the barbed connector and replaced the rubber hose with standard
fuel hose. You absolutely MUST use jubilee clips/pipe clips if you do
this though no matter how tight you think the fit is, otherwise they'll
blow off under pressure!

The pipe you mention is about 3/4" diameter, and probably a bit squashed
flat. It's the drain for the air con, it doesn't go anywhere - just
dribbles along the side of the tank

Rich H
DOC 365 VIN 1274

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk