    From: "Stian Birkeland"<delorean@xxxxxxxxx>
    Sent: 08/10/04 18:43:16
    To: "DOC UK"<doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    Subject: [doc] Headlight Switch Relay Kit

    Hi all. From all this talk about melted headlight switches I thought it would be a good idea to buy a headlight switch relay kit. I bought the one from SpecialTAuto.

    I'm sure the solution to my problem is an easy one. I can't get it to work so that my orange and red sidelights lights up in position "1" on the headlight switch.

    I'm still puzzled...maybe the relay is set wrong in the plug to begin with?

    I'm afraid to damage anything so I thought I'd ask you first before turning the relay and plug vice versa. Hope the electronics experts out there can help me!

    Here goes:

    The black wire from the relay is grounded (85). I've grounded it to the metal plate behind the front of the console (brass-coated?). The ground-eye is treaded on a steel stud with a nut on top to hold it down.

    The red/green wire going from the wiring loom to the headlight switch was cut. The red wire from the relay (87) is connected to the red/green wire coming FROM the wiring loom.

    The green wire from the relay (86) is connected to the remains of the red/green wire coming FROM from the headlight switch.

    The brown wire from the relay (30)now goes to the top green wire on the brake pedal switch.

    I've tried it also with ignition on. No changes.

    Still, the low/high beam is ok, the orange/red front and sidelights still don't come on. I don't hear the relay clicking...this would indicate that its not getting any power right? So what can I do to fix this?

    Suggestions?

    Best wishes
    Stian Birkeland
    Norway