From: nick12dmc [mailto:Tammyfew@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 06 October 2004 20:53
To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [doc] Re: DeLorean Fitted Luggage

  This is a intresting idea, I thought I remember reading somewhere
  that DMC had custom luggage made when the car was new?
  If this is right maybe this would give you a basis to start.
  At the same time I remember somthing about a designer DMC suade
  jacket. Can anyone confirm this?
  Regards
  Nick H

  P.S. I found some Helly Hansen Luggage in Black with silver logos
  that I got for our trip to the South of France. 2 sports bags and
  2 wheelable case style bags. One sports bag and case behind the seats
  and the other set in the boot.

  --- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "jchapelhow" <chapelhow@xxxx> wrote:

  > All.
  >
  > I am in preliminary discussions to have a set of DeLorean fitted
  > luggage made up to make best use of our distinctive luggage
  > compartment.
  >
  > Cost estimates vary between £200 and £400. The actual price will
  > depend on what tailoring needs to be done (ie if the company has
  > existing templates for bags of a size that fit) and the number of
  > bags in the set. Best guess is that a quality product will end up
  > about mid-way through this range.
  >
  > My first thoughts are:
  >
  > * to have some type of sloping effect to make the most of the
  shape.
  > The overall contours/shape would largely follow the luggage
  > compartment carpet template.
  >
  > * with the luggage fitted, there would be a separate 'cover piece'
  > matching the carpet piece (size/shape) but waterproofed. This is
  > mainly to help the later models who need to open their bonnet to
  > refuel!
  >
  > * colour black with grey piping (the reverse would also be possible)
  >
  > * logos/lettering would be dependant on agreement with the licence
  > holders
  >
  >
  > I will be discussing it more at the NEC, but any thoughts or
  > interested owners would be welcomed.
  >
  >
  > John Chapelhow
  > DOC 19 : 'Boeing' #0737

  DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk