[doc] Introducing 6126...

Hello All!  Well, my membership of this group has been approved for a couple
of weeks, so thought I?d get around to making a posting to introduce myself.
  I bought car no. 6126 in about March or April, and it now resides in
Belper in Derbyshire (between Derby and Matlock)

I?ve been through a right rigmarole getting the damn thing here, (from Ohio)
including it getting ?lost? on the dockside in Baltimore for a week, being
delayed at least four times, getting dispatched to Holland against my
express wishes, and it only fitting on the trailer by about 1/16? at each
side (photos to prove).  The battery was completely dead, because helpfully,
the glove box had been left open the last three months with the light on,
(whilst the dockers were insde looking for anything of value) but on a
jump-start (from my Morris Minor!) she went at the first pull!  I then
disappeared on holiday for a fortnight, and when I got back got round to
working on it.  There seems relatively little to do ? just wiring left to
tackle now and tighten up the handbrake which seems to be relatively
ineffectual and point skywards.  And perhaps chuck a couple of new tyres on
the front, which seem OK on tread but look cracked ? age, no doubt.  Brand
new ones on the back though!  And I also have floppy doors to sort, which
Rich Hutchinson has said he?ll help with.  What a nice bloke.

(I?ve so-far adapted the headlight buckets to accept the new shape, done
some work underneath, and made a new stainless steel rear mid-section to
accommodate the UK number plate, mended the electrically operated aerial
which was inoperational due to a broken plastic drive-rack, sliced the end
of my thumb off in the process, and other such fun).

Everything seems to work on the car with the exception of the clock, with
the central locking having been disconnected.  (I have yet to find out
whether this was Preventative, or Post-Solenoid-Frying).  One of the cooling
fans was slow in operation, so I extracted it with the help of Rich H,
re-wired it, and it?s up to full speed now.  The stainless and interior
(grey) seem in very good nick, and it?s come with an enormous history file
and a full set of all the manuals and paperwork going.  It even has (and I?m
told this is a rarity) the front air-scoop that sits around the rad.  Been
pretty damn lucky, really!

All the best folks, and you may hear from me again if I get stuck with
anything.  Interesting comments about the Craig radio earlier this week!
Hope to have the beat up and running soon?

Rich Hanlon
VIN no. 6126
DOC member no. 393

http://toolbar.msn.co.uk/