Re: [doc] DVLA Inspection/ number plates / Speeding

Re: [doc] DVLA Inspection/ number plates / Speeding

The crux of the matter with speeding is this:

For years we've been hearing that "speed kills". However, the statistics
are misleading, or rather, the way the statistics have been interpreted
and presented to the public.

It is true that a large (1/3rd I think) of all accidents resulting in a
fatality have "excessive speed as a contributing factor".

But what is not made clear is that "excessive speed" is defined as
driving outside the limits of the road, vehicle, or conditions. It is
NOT defined as the speed limit. If you look at the accidents where
exceeding the speed limit was a factor, resulting in a fatality, the
numbers drop to something like 6%.

www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk
www.speed-trap.co.uk
www.safespeed.org