From: Robin Simpson [mailto:rps@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 21 July 2004 20:17
To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [doc] DVLA Inspection

James

In my experience, it will be to check the VIN and engine numbers.

We used to get a lot of cars inspected buy the local VRO for cars
that were having a cherished transfers and had not been taxed for a
long time (IE Before SORN).

It'll be one of the people from the local office looking at VIN
plates and checking the engine number, assuming no problems that will
be it and they'll issue you a reg number that day with the tax disc.

They like inspecting unusual cars at the DeLorean has probably caught
their eye - we got so many in the past as they were always Ferrari's.

Hope you'll be at Harpenden

Robin
DOC300
#11431
1982D

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Matthew Wennington" <matthew@xxxx>
wrote:
> This is sometimes related to the MOT details that your testing
station
> may have submitted.  A Friend of mine is an MOT tester and they do
spot
> checks to ensure that he is actually testing the cars correctly.
>
> Did you declare your mileage on your most recent Car Tax
application?

Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk