  From: Phil Peters
  To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 7:56 PM
  Subject: [doc] Parts for sale

  Evening folks,

  Iâve just finished tidying the garage and have a few DeLorean related bits and pieces that could do with finding a home (and raise funds for some more parts for VIN# 4400!) I thought Iâd offer them to the hard-core enthusiasts on the DOC-list before putting them on the club website:

  1. For all of you who are importing DMCs from the USA at the moment, hereâs an ultra-cheap headlight option to get you through that crucial first UK MOT while you spend your hard earned on other restoration parts: I have a set of 2 Bosch H4 European headlights for the DeLorean. These headlights were fitted on my DeLorean when it was in Germany from 1992 - 1998. I also used them for about 12 months or so in the UK. These lights have the all important sidelight bulb as well as the headlight bulb and will pass MOT provided you use a bit of black electrical tape to alter the beam pattern (as you would if you took your UK car abroad). Easy peasy! These Bosch lights are in mint condition.

  2. Next up is a single door strut. How often do you find that your driverâs door strut conks out before before the passenger side one due to the ratio of use? Well this is a brand new strut that has never been fitted to a DeLorean, purchased from DeLorean Houston last year. Was part of a set of 2 but a friend was in desperate need of one strut so I split the pair up. (the cheapskate wouldn't buy the other one off me!)

  3. Considering cutting a whole in one of your dummy switches to mount a foglight switch?! Hold it right there! Save your dummy switch and get one thatâs already been modified. This original DMC dummy switch has a neat, modern looking foglight switch fitted to it which features an LED to show when the foglights are on.

  4. Last up I have a pair of front indicator lenses. These reputedly came from a DeLorean which was parted out in the USA as early as 1982! They are unmarked and new-looking on the front of the lenses but one of them has a small crack near the screw mounting on one side. If anyone wants to see any photos of this, let me know.

  If anything takes your fancy, e-mail me privately to discuss. And if anyone wants to see photos of any of the above items, let me know. Happy motorng folks,

  Phil Peters and VIN #4400

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk