[doc] Re: Changing Brake Pads

Hi Alistair,
Not to worry, the first car I ever changed the pads on myself
was my Delorean. I have since done my partner Tammy's MGF.
The DMC was alot easier.
a few tips come to mind,
1. Make sure the car is secure when you have jacked it up.
use proper stands (about £14 at Halfords) do not use bricks
or concrete blocks, they can crumble!

2.Open the reservoir and put a rag around the neck to catch
any fluid that is forced out when you push the caliper pistons
back.

3. You will need two large flat point screwdrivers, one for
each side of the piston, push it back into the caliper using
even pressure on both edges. Or you can get a special tool
that will push the piston back.

4. Take care not to get copper-slip on the friction material on the
pad .

If you need any more help just say

Best Regards

Nick Hannaford