Re: [doc] brakes squeeling!!

Alastair,
Just to add to Mark's advice. If you spray brake cleaner over
the caliper you will flush the copper-slip off the backs
of the pads and they will make even more noise.
Only use brake cleaner when your striping the brakes
and are putting new copper-slip on the anti-squel shims and
backs of the pads. Don't forget to put some on the retaining
pins.

Best Regards
Nick Hannaford
Mem 164

The noise is caused by the pads resonating inside the caliper.