[doc] Re: First weekend with my new Delorean

[doc] Re: First weekend with my new Delorean

Thanks for everyone's help.
The car does have a battery cut off switch so perhaps this big metal can
solenoid is part of this system.  I've added a better picture to the vin
2250 folder.

When the car didn't start I had no power at all nothing worked no lights
on dashboard so perhaps its this cut off thing playing up.

The inertia switch problem when the car died and wouldn't start although
the starter motor was turning sounds strange as the plunger is up and
the car is starting, must be a faulty switch.

Also to add to all this I only went and broke my drivers door handle
last night has anyone got a spare or know where I can buy one.  My
existing handles are plastic are they easy to replace?

James
doc129
vin 2250

>That big can thing is a high power solenoid. Basically a monster
>relay.
>What it's doing there is anybodys guess, but probably some overkill
>bodge to fix a silly fault (I've found many on my D) Or a dodgy
>attempt at an imobiliser

>James, can you get a better quality picture with a close up of it's
>wires, and i'll see if I can work out what it's (attempting) to do.
>Mail it to me directly if needs be

>The metalic honk could also be coming from this thing...Your engine
>dead and starting problems could all be related too...

>Rich H
>DOC 365 VIN 1274

> What I want to know is what is the large object at the top of the
pic, above the door lock module?

> > There is a well known problem on early cars with them not having
> > enough power to start every time the key is turned. Known I
> > belive as the clicking solenoid fault. I have never had this
> > problem so I can't offer a fix. I am sure other people on the
> > board will be able to help.
>
> see....
> http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/starterfix.html
>

> Regards