Re: [doc] Re: Frenchy's Resurection!

Hi Stuart

http://www.delorean.co.uk/DMUK/newparts1.html#uj

>2.O/S/F lower suspension arm rear bush perished. (Thinking of
>replacing both front lower suspension arms anyway. Anybody have some
>for sale, in good condition, with bushes maybe? Or is this another
>DMCH jobby too?)

You can't get the suspension arms new any more, thought you can pay
through the nose and get stainless ones. We have recently had a set of
arms nylon plastic-coated which results in a really beautiful and
extremely durable shiny black finish. It also has the side-effect of
dirt not sticking to it! All ball joints and bushes must be removed to
have this done though, and the upper arm bushes have to be destroyed to
get them out. The lower ball joint and lower bush must be pressed out
and the fastners on the upper ball joint has to be cut off and replaced
with bolts afterwards. BTW the lower arm has only one bush, but it's
quite long.

Martin

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk