Re: [doc] insurance quote

>Got a great quote from Peter Taylor then next day they said they were no
longer insuring DeLoreans as they have a bad claims record, ended up going
to >Sharmans £ 270 (of which £ 50 was because DeLoreans are left hand
drive!) I am 36, parking on street, clean licence, 3000 miles pa, value £
15,000, >reasonable safe area.

Sharman are crap and expensive. There are several companies who will insure
you car at a better cost and give you better service. They also have screwed
Dave Howarth and he no longer uses them. Here is a quote I did based on your
details from 1 company but there are several others. The quote came out at
£189.21

Cherised Car Insurance Quotation
Thank you for applying for a quotation. The information we have used is as
follows:

Your age : 35
Rate Area: 1
Car group: 2
Garaged..: No
Age of car 21 - 25 years old
Car Value: 15000
Mileage..: 3000
Discount for car club membership. (details required)
It is noted that this is NOT the main car of any driver.

Premium Calculation

Basic Premium :  £182.00
+ £30.00 Value Load :  £212.00
-15% club member discount :  £180.20
Add IPT (5%) :  £189.21

Quoted Premium : £189.21

Excess : £100.00(ADF&T)

If the vehicle does NOT have a proprietry electronic vehicle immobiliser
which had been activated or the vehicle was NOT in a locked building at the
time of a theft then the theft excess will be increased to : £250.00.

http://www.portwood.co.uk/cherished-classic-car-insurance.htm

Hope this helps

Chris S

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk