Re: [doc] Bricklin on ebay

I did quite a bit of research into these, as I was seriously tempted
to buy one. I did not go and see this one and it is certainly not
the only Brick on the road in the UK.

As for parts, if you cracked a driver side window you may as well
cut the roof off and make it a convertible coz there not many spare
drivers side windows around.

In fact other parts can also be impossible to get, don't forget they
only made about 2700 of these, so they are scarce even by DMC
standards.

If the chassis hasn't had the necessary reinforcement work at the
back then they can be dangerous.

If it has the OEM Hydraulic doors on, rather than the upgraded
pneumatic system then you've got to change it.

If not it will take you 20 seconds just to fully open the door and
if it gets stuck on it's latch, the power from the hydraulic ram
just bends the door frame and it's new door time......nice!....oh
and the hydraulics have a tendency to catch fire for some weird
reason!

It's amazing that anyone got financing for a private car venture
after the Bricklin catastrophe, it almost bankrupted the New
Brunswick government!

But I'd still buy one if it came up at the right price; for the same
reason I brought the DMC...........I'm a little bit crazy! :-)

James RG
VIN # 5462

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chris Parnham" <chrisparnham1@xxxx>
wrote:
> This was first on EBay about 2 weeks ago. When I contacted the
owner, his
> minimum price then,  was 7.75K UK.
>
> I've always fancied one, but the timing is all wrong for me.
>
> Where would you go to buy spares for your Bricklin?  Certainly not
Halfords!

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk