[DML] Re: Checked my TABs.... AARG!!

David and others,

This is one of the newest DeLorean myths that still seems to be
continuing, even after being discussed here in the past.

The Pearce Design does have a large rubber isolator that is not
easily visible, but its encased in the "cup and cap" style of
the new mounting hardware.  Bryan may want to post a photo of
this area on the PDC website, to help combat this new myth.

As for retrofit, this has also been done and in fact, the PDC
prototype SS frame that Bryan has under his Red DeLorean has
been using the stock trailing arms and a custom retrofit kit
on the frame for over 100K miles of all weather driving.

However, the point you made in your earlier posts is correct,
in the fact that the retrofit is not a cost effective solution
for most DeLorean owners, since the body would most likely need
to be removed to do the retrofit, and so far, the only retrofit
that has been installed was on a brand new SS frame and not a
25 year old epoxy coated, mild steel frame.

Later,
Rich W.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@...>