Re: [DML] Re: PRV Oil/Camshaft Problems

I would agree with DMC Joe on this one, as what he described was
exactly what happened with my car (1980 260 GLE) which is all but
non-existant now because of the problems he mentioned. However,
concerning the cam tensioners/guides, when I went to order new ones
(based on the part # from my microfiche) I was told by a Volvo dealer
that that it was obsolete and a new part had replaced it. We asked
why, and he told me that there was problems concerning the smaller oil
passages in the cam chain tensioners and that for the new ones, the
oil passages were enlarged.

Nathan