Re: Air Bleeder Hose spilling coolant

Matt - Congratulations on your "one week" anniversary. The hose that
you are referring to is the overflow hose. If there is too much
coolant, you cap is defective, or if you have experienced an
overheated condition, the hose will vent towards the ground as you
have described. The "air bleeder hose" that has been added to many
cars is routed from the coolant bottle to the thermostat cover above
the water pump (on the engine). In your case, you should check to
make sure that you have the coolant bottle about one half full when
cool, to give room for expansion. If the coolant level is okay, you
may need to replace the cap, if it looks to be in poor condition or is
rated for less that 15 lbs (As I recall - could be wrong on the
pressure value). You should consider installing the bleeder hose kit
if not already there. Always monitor the coolant temperature, and
correct any condition that leads to chronic overheating. These may
include a slipping belt, clogged cooling system, marginal water pump,
improper fan operation, etc.

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "supermattthehero" <supermatty@xxxx>