Sorry, that was a typo....I meant to say "1996" .... Thanks for bring that
out :-)

Kayo

In a message dated 7/8/03 4:43:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time, arnie@xxxx
writes:
WOW, yours must be a pre-pre-pre production car. Didn't realize production
began in 1966. Typo?
Arnie

-----Original Message-----
From: kayoong@xxxx [mailto:kayoong@xxxx]
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2003 10:11 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DML] Helicopter

I agree.

I have owned #5508 since April 1, 1966. Since then, I have logged over
90,000 miles and most of it is in New York City area and the radius of 100
miles
surrounding the city. I used my car daily and at times I have driven my car
on
long trips that can be 1,000 miles per run (one way) and only to stop for
fuel
and restroom stops. Many of these trips have been in good weather as well
as
in the rain, snow, extreme hot sunny days and etc. I have driven my
DeLorean
as I would as with any contemporary modern car and it can handle it.

So, on this point, what is the value of my car for me? For me, as long as
it
support me as a vehicle as it was design to do -- To be road worthy at all
times and to be trouble free -- TO BE ON THE ROAD RUNNING!

Yes, I do get the normal wear and tear that all vehicles are subjected to,
but I do have my car properly serviced when the time is due, which includes
replacing or rebuilding parts when necessary. Remember, proper maintenance
is a
MUST and yes, a "X" amount of money must be allocated for the maintenance as
well as for the up keeping -- just to keep it in tip top running condition.
This "X" amount is not necessarily as much to be spent and the stress that
you
will encounter when you are stuck on the road, or when you discover all the
problems that will surface after long periods of non-usage.

As long as the electrical and some of the other "quirks" taken care of and
the updated are performed, I believe the DeLorean is NOT a troublesome car
as
many owners complains it to be.

Bottom line??? If you have the time and money, do enjoy driving your car
when you can. For, if not now .... When???

Kayo Ong
Lic. 9D NY

In a message dated 7/7/03 10:32:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
deloreanbiker@xxxx writes:

--- miltdanfoss <d@xxxx> wrote:

> I may be loosing money by not keeping the miles low,
> but I am making
> up for it in the value of diving a fun car that is
> fun to look at.

Money is NOT everything!!! The DeLorean was built to
be driven. Frankly, the more you drive it the more
you learn to like it. And, the more you drive it, the
fewer and fewer glitches will come up.

To live the dream you must drive the dream.

Dick Ryan
VIN 16867